The agreement signed between the government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the Office Régional du Tourisme Sud, defines the tasks of the ORT as follows:
On a general level:
- Development of the touristic appeal of the southern region of the Grand Duchy.
- Development of a regional tourism concept and development of new tourism products in accordance with the national strategy.
- Conservation, and upgrading of the natural, cultural and historical heritage of the region.
On the level of the collaboration of/with actors and tourism organizations:
- Stimulation of a culture of collaboration, co-production and cohesion among tourism stakeholders in the region by:
- Close collaboration with public and private, national and regional actors working in tourism;
- Cross-border collaboration with agencies in neighboring regions to coordinate the touristic offer and marketing activities;
- the development of the flagship projects, networking and co-production with regional actors and to build sustainable partnerships;
- Sharing of tools and content developed with other tourism bodies;
- Assistance and advice for partners and volunteers;
- Synchronization of all tasks between national tourism bodies and volunteer organizations;
- Cross-selling of products between tourist regions
On the level of the visibility of the tourist attractions:
- Improving the visibility of existing tourist attractions for partners and visitors;
- Familiarization programs for all partners and actors that are in direct contact with the visitors;
- Coordination of activities and events in the region.
On the level of the visitor experience:
- Improving the visitors’ experiences within the region ;
- Recruitment and supervision of tourist guides, improvement of the quality of the guided tours offered ;
- Recruitment and supervision of tourism coordinators, improvement of the quality of touristic entertainment offered ;
- Designing entertainment initiatives ;
- Creation of events in the main locations